Are you aware that Holy fear is the key to God’s sure foundation, unlocking the treasuries of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge? But what is the fear of the Lord many may ask, the fear of the Lord is not being afraid of Him but to believe Him and obey Him, even when it does not seem to be to our advantage. We make a choice to intentionally obey God with our hearts, our Words and actions. So, what are the blessing of Fearing God?
1.Leads to riches, honor, and life. By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches and honor and life. Proverbs 22:4.
2.Promises angelic protection. The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. Psalm 34:7.
3. Positions our hearts to receive answers. Who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear.-Hebrews 5:7
4.Fulfills our desires and delivers us from harm. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them.—Psalm 145:19.
5.Supplies His provision Oh, fear the Lord, you, His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. —Psalm 34:9.
6. Assures that God’s great goodness abounds. Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men.—Psalm 31:19.
7.Secures God’s continual attention. Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy.—Psalm 33:18.
8.Promises protection. You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord; He is their help and their shield.—Psalm 115:11.
9.Is our confidence and protection in the face of death. In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, and His children will have a place of refuge. The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to turn one away from the snares of death. —Proverbs 14:26–27.
10.Contains great mercy. For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.—Psalm 103:11.
11. Provides assurance of provision. He has given food to those who fear Him; He will ever be mindful of His covenant.—Psalm 111:5.
12. Provides peace of mind. Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure with trouble. —Proverbs 15:16.
13. Produces a secure household. And so it was, because the midwives feared God, that He provided households for them.—Exodus 1:21.
14.Provides clarity and direction. Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses. —Psalm 25:12.
15. Results in complete satisfaction. The fear of the Lord leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil.—Proverbs 19:23.
16. Provides wisdom, understanding, and time management. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you.—Proverbs 9:10–11.
17. Produces successful leadership. Moreover, you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds,
rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.—Exodus 18:21.
18.Will keep us on the right path. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me. Jeremiah 32:40.
19.Results in enjoyment of our labor and full, rewarding lives. How happy are those who fear the Lord—all who follow His ways. You will enjoy the fruit of your labor. How happy you will be! How rich your life! Your wife will be like a fruitful vine, flourishing within your home. And look at all those children! There they sit around your table as vigorous and healthy as young olive trees. That is the Lord’s reward for those who fear him.—Psalm 128:1–4.